What's the first thing that springs to mind when you hear "home workout"? A fitness DVD? Bouncing around the living room while a celebrity tells you what to do? A few sit-ups before bed? Squats while cleaning your teeth?
Perhaps you think that you can't possibly achieve any significant changes without equipment that you'd find in a gym. Wrong!
Workouts come in all shapes and sizes, just like people. A lot of people think "proper" workouts can only be done in the gym, or at a class, but what if you don't want to join a gym? What if exercising in front of lots of people is too overwhelming? Does that mean you shouldn't get the benefits?
Do you have space in your house where you can lay on the floor and stretch your arms out and move them up and down? Yes? Well then you have space to get fit and do a workout.
The benefits of working out at home are plentiful:
- It doesn't matter what you look like because nobody else is going to see you.
- No commute...you don't have the drive to or from the gym, which gives you at least 20 minutes of your life back!
- No need to be undressing and dressing in cold changing rooms.
- You don't have to listen or be distracted by other people.
- Nobody can see what you're doing; especially good if you feel self-conscious.
- You can fit it in around family - kids at school? 40 minutes free? Workout while a little one naps? Workout while a little one watches CBeebies (other channels are available)?
- Minimal equipment required. You don't need to use anything at all, but may find a mat useful.
- You can do it in secret, nobody need know you're doing anything and then you can lap up the attention when those results start to show - because they will.
I chose to be a Mobile Personal Trainer because I know that the gym isn't for everybody. Just because you don't want to join a gym doesn't mean you can't improve your fitness, your strength, wellness and confidence.
So if you're thinking of starting a fitness plan it makes sense to get out of your comfort zone in your comfort zone.
I only design workouts once I have met you, so that I can tailor them from the very beginning to suit your abilities at the start and target them for where you want to get to.
Workouts at home include warm-ups and cool-downs to prevent injury, just like you would/should in a gym.
Cardio elements without the need for treadmills or rowing machines...you can get the heart working harder with Jumping Jacks, High Knees, Skipping Ropes, Burpees to name a few.
You can stretch, tone and strengthen muscles with lunges, squats, bridges, you can build your core with planks.
There are 1,000s of exercises. When they are designed effectively and carried out correctly results will show.
All it comes down to you is. Be bigger than your excuses. Really want to make a change. You can do it.
If you are interested in training with me then please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on Facebook www.facebook.com/gymima and we can arrange a FREE consultation to discuss things in more detail and allow me to find out what it is you want. You can also call 07584 414124.
The only thing you will ever regret when you start getting fit is that you didn't do it sooner.